Some Chinese cyber attacks `state sponsored`: Obama
Washington: US President Barack Obama on Wednesday acknowledged that some of the cyber-attacks emanating from China are state sponsored.
"Absolutely," Obama told the ABC news channel in an interview when asked "Some (cyber-attacks coming from China) are sponsored".
Obama`s remarks come days after his top national security advisor, Tom Donilon and other government officials expressed concerns over cyber-attacks coming from China.
"This is why I`ve taken some very aggressive executive actions, but we need Congress to act. We`ve made it very clear to China and some other state actors that, you know, we expect them to follow international norms and abide by international rules. And we`ll have some pretty tough talk with them. We already have," Obama said.
When asked about a recent statement by Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers, that the US is at war with China "because of their cyber espionage they`re winning that war and their government and military can behind it," Obama said one always have to be careful about war analogies.
"What is absolutely true is that we have seen a steady ramping up of cyber security threats. Some are state sponsored. Some are just sponsored by criminals," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan