Some Chinese operators suspend North Korea tours
Beijing: Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing.
However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.
North Korea has warned foreigners in South Korea to evacuate to safe places due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can`t guarantee their safety past today.
A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning today.
She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.
An official at the administration refused to confirm or deny this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre