Some Chinese operators suspend North Korea tours
Beijing: Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing.
However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.
North Korea has warned foreigners in South Korea to evacuate to safe places due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can`t guarantee their safety past today.
A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning today.
She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.
An official at the administration refused to confirm or deny this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption