Some flights cancelled to Egypt, others half-empty
Cairo: Cairo airport officials say seven flights to Egypt have been cancelled and that others are arriving with less than 50 per cent occupancy following weekend clashes that killed 84 people.
Passengers from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Italy as well as Syria and Lebanon were rerouted today onto other planes because of low seat occupancy.
Fewer passengers are coming from Damascus and Beirut because Syrians escaping the war in their country now need visas for Egypt following changes to security rules.
Officials say that more than 55 percent of seats on flights to Cairo have been empty over the past three days. They spoke anonymously as they weren`t allowed to brief the media.
Political turmoil over the past 2.5 years has hurt tourism in Egypt, weakening the country`s economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3