Son and lawyer of condemned woman tortured in Iran
Tehran: The son and lawyer of a woman sentenced to death in Iran for adultery and helping kill her husband have been tortured in prison, said human rights groups.
According to a statement on the International Committee Against Stoning (ICAS) website, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani`s son Sajjad Ghaderzade and lawyer Javid Hutan Kian have been tortured since being arrested earlier this month.
"According to information obtained (on) stoning and executions, Sajjad, the son of Sakineh and Houtan Kian, her lawyer, are subjected to pressure and severe torture in a prison of Tabriz," the statement said.
Ghaderzade and Kian were arrested earlier this month. The two German journalists conducting their interview were also detained.
Following international pressure, Iranian authorities suspended the stoning sentence against Ashtiani. But there are fears she could be executed by hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest