Son and lawyer of condemned woman tortured in Iran
Tehran: The son and lawyer of a woman sentenced to death in Iran for adultery and helping kill her husband have been tortured in prison, said human rights groups.
According to a statement on the International Committee Against Stoning (ICAS) website, Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani`s son Sajjad Ghaderzade and lawyer Javid Hutan Kian have been tortured since being arrested earlier this month.
"According to information obtained (on) stoning and executions, Sajjad, the son of Sakineh and Houtan Kian, her lawyer, are subjected to pressure and severe torture in a prison of Tabriz," the statement said.
Ghaderzade and Kian were arrested earlier this month. The two German journalists conducting their interview were also detained.
Following international pressure, Iranian authorities suspended the stoning sentence against Ashtiani. But there are fears she could be executed by hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?