Son beheads father in Australia
Melbourne: In a gruesome incident, a 42-year-old man beheaded his father at their home in a Sydney suburb of Australia following a tiff.
Khoder Zahab, a resident of Villawood, was arrested early this morning after police received reports of a disturbance in Bankstown.
Toufic Zahab, 69, was killed after he was allegedly attacked by his son Khoder with a brick and a knife inside his home on Stacey Street in Bankstown today morning, the `Sunday Morning Herald` reported.
A relative at the scene said Khoder, had come over for dinner with his parents and had stayed the night.
Khoder wasn`t allowed to stay at his parents` home but had insisted he stay after dinner. His parents allowed him to out of generosity.
However, in the early hours of the morning, Khoder allegedly started attacking his mother and tried to push her down the stairs. One relative said the mother had possibly broken her hand.
When his father stepped in, Khoder allegedly attacked him with a brick and a knife.
Zahab, a retired carpenter, was described by the relative as a "very good but tough" man who had three sons and five daughters.
His grandson, Abdul, said: "Everyone`s devastated and shocked."
"He was a wonderful man, a beautiful man, well known in the community.This is the most unexpected thing that could occur."
He said Khoder had a mental disorder that occasionally "triggered". "Something must have set it off," he said.
Other relatives said he was a heavy drug user.
Detective Chief Inspector Glen Fitzgerald confirmed that Zahab was founded decapitated and said the scene was so disturbing that police officers who attended had to be counseled.
"The scene is quite disturbing," Fitzgerald said. "It`s been a difficult morning for both the family and police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!