Son beheads father in Australia
Melbourne: In a gruesome incident, a 42-year-old man beheaded his father at their home in a Sydney suburb of Australia following a tiff.
Khoder Zahab, a resident of Villawood, was arrested early this morning after police received reports of a disturbance in Bankstown.
Toufic Zahab, 69, was killed after he was allegedly attacked by his son Khoder with a brick and a knife inside his home on Stacey Street in Bankstown today morning, the `Sunday Morning Herald` reported.
A relative at the scene said Khoder, had come over for dinner with his parents and had stayed the night.
Khoder wasn`t allowed to stay at his parents` home but had insisted he stay after dinner. His parents allowed him to out of generosity.
However, in the early hours of the morning, Khoder allegedly started attacking his mother and tried to push her down the stairs. One relative said the mother had possibly broken her hand.
When his father stepped in, Khoder allegedly attacked him with a brick and a knife.
Zahab, a retired carpenter, was described by the relative as a "very good but tough" man who had three sons and five daughters.
His grandson, Abdul, said: "Everyone`s devastated and shocked."
"He was a wonderful man, a beautiful man, well known in the community.This is the most unexpected thing that could occur."
He said Khoder had a mental disorder that occasionally "triggered". "Something must have set it off," he said.
Other relatives said he was a heavy drug user.
Detective Chief Inspector Glen Fitzgerald confirmed that Zahab was founded decapitated and said the scene was so disturbing that police officers who attended had to be counseled.
"The scene is quite disturbing," Fitzgerald said. "It`s been a difficult morning for both the family and police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...