Son beheads father in Australia
Melbourne: In a gruesome incident, a 42-year-old man beheaded his father at their home in a Sydney suburb of Australia following a tiff.
Khoder Zahab, a resident of Villawood, was arrested early this morning after police received reports of a disturbance in Bankstown.
Toufic Zahab, 69, was killed after he was allegedly attacked by his son Khoder with a brick and a knife inside his home on Stacey Street in Bankstown today morning, the `Sunday Morning Herald` reported.
A relative at the scene said Khoder, had come over for dinner with his parents and had stayed the night.
Khoder wasn`t allowed to stay at his parents` home but had insisted he stay after dinner. His parents allowed him to out of generosity.
However, in the early hours of the morning, Khoder allegedly started attacking his mother and tried to push her down the stairs. One relative said the mother had possibly broken her hand.
When his father stepped in, Khoder allegedly attacked him with a brick and a knife.
Zahab, a retired carpenter, was described by the relative as a "very good but tough" man who had three sons and five daughters.
His grandson, Abdul, said: "Everyone`s devastated and shocked."
"He was a wonderful man, a beautiful man, well known in the community.This is the most unexpected thing that could occur."
He said Khoder had a mental disorder that occasionally "triggered". "Something must have set it off," he said.
Other relatives said he was a heavy drug user.
Detective Chief Inspector Glen Fitzgerald confirmed that Zahab was founded decapitated and said the scene was so disturbing that police officers who attended had to be counseled.
"The scene is quite disturbing," Fitzgerald said. "It`s been a difficult morning for both the family and police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video