Son not yet calling me Dad: NJ man in Brazil case
Trenton: A New Jersey father who brought his son home to the United States after five years in Brazil says the boy isn`t yet calling him "Dad."
David Goldman brought 9-year-old Sean back from Brazil on Christmas Eve after he won a bitter custody battle for the boy.
The saga goes back to 2004, when Goldman`s wife, Bruna Bianchi, took then-4-year-old Sean to her native Brazil and died there.
In an interview airing Monday on NBC`s "Today" show, Goldman says the boy is happy to be with him but still needs time to adjust.
Goldman says he told Sean that he could call him "Dad." But he says the boy didn`t respond.
NBC paid for Goldman`s charter plane from Brazil to the US
The father and son have been staying with relatives in Orlando, Fla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department