Son of Chinese Army official held in gang-rape case
Beijing: A 17-year-old son of a senior Chinese Army official has been arrested along with four others in connection with a gang-rape case.
Five men, including one surnamed Li, were apprehended on Wednesday after a woman accused them of raping her.
Police officials demanding anonymity told state media that Li is the son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts.
Li Shuangjiang, 74, built his reputation in past decades by singing popular patriotic songs, according to official Xinhua news agency.
The five men are now in criminal custody, the report said.
It is not the first time that junior Li has gotten in trouble.
In September 2011, Li, then 15-year-old, was caught driving an BMW without a driving license or car plate after he viciously attacked a couple following a traffic dispute.
The teenager spent a year in a juvenile camp for re-education before being released in September 2012, official media reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress