Son of Chinese military official charged in gang-rape case
Beijing: A 17-year-old son of a senior Chinese military General was formally charged on Sunday in a gang-rape case.
Li Tianyi, the son of Li Shuangjiang, dean of the music department of the People`s Liberation Army Academy of Arts, was formally charged by the Beijing police in the gang-rape case, state-run CCTV reported.
Li was arrested along with four others on Wednesday after a woman accused them of raping her.
The woman filed a report on February 19, saying she had been drinking with Li and others at a bar in Haidian after which they went to a hotel where they raped her.
Li Shuangjiang, 74, built his reputation in past decades by singing popular patriotic songs.
It is not the first time that junior Li has gotten in trouble.
In September 2011, Li, then 15-year-old, was caught driving a BMW without a driving license or car plate after he viciously attacked a couple following a traffic dispute.
The teenager was kept at a juvenile camp for one-year of re-education, but let off after six months raising questions in the media on how children of the influential people were being treated differently.
While highlighting the case, the state-run channel also narrated the increasing number of incidents involving the children of rich and influential people breaking law and attempting to subvert the rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad