Soon, `robotic drones` to deliver parcels in China
Beijing: Flying courier! Chinese citizens may soon receive their delivery parcels via drones.
A leading Chinese delivery company is developing air drones that could bring packages across long distances and reach remote areas.
The company based in Shenzhen, is testing trial runs with drones in Guangdong province`s Dongguan city, Chinese technology news portal MyDrivers.Com reported.
The drones are fitted with eight propellers, and comes with a space where courier packages can be inserted.
Each drone can reach a flight altitude of about 100 metres, the report said.
The drones were developed as a potential solution for delivery to remote areas, spokespersons from SF Express said.
The "hi-tech" shipping machines come with built-in navigation systems that only require input of address and flight path, `South China Morning Post` reported.
The man-power controlling the drones will be able to monitor the drone`s movements and correct each machine`s position within two metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!