Soon, `robotic drones` to deliver parcels in China
Beijing: Flying courier! Chinese citizens may soon receive their delivery parcels via drones.
A leading Chinese delivery company is developing air drones that could bring packages across long distances and reach remote areas.
The company based in Shenzhen, is testing trial runs with drones in Guangdong province`s Dongguan city, Chinese technology news portal MyDrivers.Com reported.
The drones are fitted with eight propellers, and comes with a space where courier packages can be inserted.
Each drone can reach a flight altitude of about 100 metres, the report said.
The drones were developed as a potential solution for delivery to remote areas, spokespersons from SF Express said.
The "hi-tech" shipping machines come with built-in navigation systems that only require input of address and flight path, `South China Morning Post` reported.
The man-power controlling the drones will be able to monitor the drone`s movements and correct each machine`s position within two metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt