Soon, `robotic drones` to deliver parcels in China
Beijing: Flying courier! Chinese citizens may soon receive their delivery parcels via drones.
A leading Chinese delivery company is developing air drones that could bring packages across long distances and reach remote areas.
The company based in Shenzhen, is testing trial runs with drones in Guangdong province`s Dongguan city, Chinese technology news portal MyDrivers.Com reported.
The drones are fitted with eight propellers, and comes with a space where courier packages can be inserted.
Each drone can reach a flight altitude of about 100 metres, the report said.
The drones were developed as a potential solution for delivery to remote areas, spokespersons from SF Express said.
The "hi-tech" shipping machines come with built-in navigation systems that only require input of address and flight path, `South China Morning Post` reported.
The man-power controlling the drones will be able to monitor the drone`s movements and correct each machine`s position within two metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report