Soon, `robotic drones` to deliver parcels in China
Beijing: Flying courier! Chinese citizens may soon receive their delivery parcels via drones.
A leading Chinese delivery company is developing air drones that could bring packages across long distances and reach remote areas.
The company based in Shenzhen, is testing trial runs with drones in Guangdong province`s Dongguan city, Chinese technology news portal MyDrivers.Com reported.
The drones are fitted with eight propellers, and comes with a space where courier packages can be inserted.
Each drone can reach a flight altitude of about 100 metres, the report said.
The drones were developed as a potential solution for delivery to remote areas, spokespersons from SF Express said.
The "hi-tech" shipping machines come with built-in navigation systems that only require input of address and flight path, `South China Morning Post` reported.
The man-power controlling the drones will be able to monitor the drone`s movements and correct each machine`s position within two metres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena
- Dadri lynching case: Allahabad High Court stays arrest of Mohd Akhlaq's family
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out