South African airport evacuated after bomb scare
Johannesburg: Terminal buildings at a South African airport near Johannesburg had to be evacuated on Saturday following a bomb scare.
According to officials, terminal buildings of the Lanseria Airport were evacuated due to a bomb scare, after an "unattended bag was found" at one of the terminals, prompting the evacuation, Xinhua reported.
The bag was suspected to be full of explosives, they said.
A witness at the airport said later a bomb squad arrived at the airport and the passengers had been moved to the "fire and rescue shed" and incoming flights were "waiting on the runway".
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack