South African airport evacuated after bomb scare
Johannesburg: Terminal buildings at a South African airport near Johannesburg had to be evacuated on Saturday following a bomb scare.
According to officials, terminal buildings of the Lanseria Airport were evacuated due to a bomb scare, after an "unattended bag was found" at one of the terminals, prompting the evacuation, Xinhua reported.
The bag was suspected to be full of explosives, they said.
A witness at the airport said later a bomb squad arrived at the airport and the passengers had been moved to the "fire and rescue shed" and incoming flights were "waiting on the runway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder