South African airport evacuated after bomb scare
Johannesburg: Terminal buildings at a South African airport near Johannesburg had to be evacuated on Saturday following a bomb scare.
According to officials, terminal buildings of the Lanseria Airport were evacuated due to a bomb scare, after an "unattended bag was found" at one of the terminals, prompting the evacuation, Xinhua reported.
The bag was suspected to be full of explosives, they said.
A witness at the airport said later a bomb squad arrived at the airport and the passengers had been moved to the "fire and rescue shed" and incoming flights were "waiting on the runway".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof