South African businessman detained by ISI, returns home
Johannesburg: A South African businessman who was reportedly detained by Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has returned home safely, a media report said.
Arshad Ali, a businessman based in Johannesburg, was arrested by the ISI last month when he went to Pakistan to bring his ageing mother back to South Africa, iafrica.com reported Monday.
Ali was arrested when he was travelling to Lahore with his mother.
Ali, who returned Sunday, said he was abducted, and demanded answers from the Pakistani and South African authorities for the incident.
"When they arrested me, they didn`t arrest me, they hijacked me actually," the report quoted Ali as saying to eNCA news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured