South African businessman detained by ISI, returns home
Johannesburg: A South African businessman who was reportedly detained by Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has returned home safely, a media report said.
Arshad Ali, a businessman based in Johannesburg, was arrested by the ISI last month when he went to Pakistan to bring his ageing mother back to South Africa, iafrica.com reported Monday.
Ali was arrested when he was travelling to Lahore with his mother.
Ali, who returned Sunday, said he was abducted, and demanded answers from the Pakistani and South African authorities for the incident.
"When they arrested me, they didn`t arrest me, they hijacked me actually," the report quoted Ali as saying to eNCA news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui