South African businessman detained by ISI, returns home
Johannesburg: A South African businessman who was reportedly detained by Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has returned home safely, a media report said.
Arshad Ali, a businessman based in Johannesburg, was arrested by the ISI last month when he went to Pakistan to bring his ageing mother back to South Africa, iafrica.com reported Monday.
Ali was arrested when he was travelling to Lahore with his mother.
Ali, who returned Sunday, said he was abducted, and demanded answers from the Pakistani and South African authorities for the incident.
"When they arrested me, they didn`t arrest me, they hijacked me actually," the report quoted Ali as saying to eNCA news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez