South African businessman detained by ISI, returns home
Johannesburg: A South African businessman who was reportedly detained by Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has returned home safely, a media report said.
Arshad Ali, a businessman based in Johannesburg, was arrested by the ISI last month when he went to Pakistan to bring his ageing mother back to South Africa, iafrica.com reported Monday.
Ali was arrested when he was travelling to Lahore with his mother.
Ali, who returned Sunday, said he was abducted, and demanded answers from the Pakistani and South African authorities for the incident.
"When they arrested me, they didn`t arrest me, they hijacked me actually," the report quoted Ali as saying to eNCA news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore