South African businessman detained by ISI, returns home
Johannesburg: A South African businessman who was reportedly detained by Pakistan`s spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has returned home safely, a media report said.
Arshad Ali, a businessman based in Johannesburg, was arrested by the ISI last month when he went to Pakistan to bring his ageing mother back to South Africa, iafrica.com reported Monday.
Ali was arrested when he was travelling to Lahore with his mother.
Ali, who returned Sunday, said he was abducted, and demanded answers from the Pakistani and South African authorities for the incident.
"When they arrested me, they didn`t arrest me, they hijacked me actually," the report quoted Ali as saying to eNCA news channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana