South African gang-rape victim`s funeral held
Cape Town: A funeral was held Saturday in Bredasdorp, about 128 km east of Cape Town, of a teenaged girl who was gang-raped, killed and mutilated in a crime that shocked the nation.
The funeral took place at the place where the 17-year-old victim was allegedly raped by a group of men and mutilated Feb 2. The following morning she was found, still alive, by a security guard, but died later in the day, Xinhua reported.
South Africa has the highest rate of rape reported to police anywhere in the world. In 2012, the number of rapes documented by police rose to over 64,000, or 175 per day.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi