South African gang-rape victim`s funeral held
Cape Town: A funeral was held Saturday in Bredasdorp, about 128 km east of Cape Town, of a teenaged girl who was gang-raped, killed and mutilated in a crime that shocked the nation.
The funeral took place at the place where the 17-year-old victim was allegedly raped by a group of men and mutilated Feb 2. The following morning she was found, still alive, by a security guard, but died later in the day, Xinhua reported.
South Africa has the highest rate of rape reported to police anywhere in the world. In 2012, the number of rapes documented by police rose to over 64,000, or 175 per day.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read