South African gang-rape victim`s funeral held
Cape Town: A funeral was held Saturday in Bredasdorp, about 128 km east of Cape Town, of a teenaged girl who was gang-raped, killed and mutilated in a crime that shocked the nation.
The funeral took place at the place where the 17-year-old victim was allegedly raped by a group of men and mutilated Feb 2. The following morning she was found, still alive, by a security guard, but died later in the day, Xinhua reported.
South Africa has the highest rate of rape reported to police anywhere in the world. In 2012, the number of rapes documented by police rose to over 64,000, or 175 per day.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand