South African gang-rape victim`s funeral held
Cape Town: A funeral was held Saturday in Bredasdorp, about 128 km east of Cape Town, of a teenaged girl who was gang-raped, killed and mutilated in a crime that shocked the nation.
The funeral took place at the place where the 17-year-old victim was allegedly raped by a group of men and mutilated Feb 2. The following morning she was found, still alive, by a security guard, but died later in the day, Xinhua reported.
South Africa has the highest rate of rape reported to police anywhere in the world. In 2012, the number of rapes documented by police rose to over 64,000, or 175 per day.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack