South African gang-rape victim`s funeral held
Cape Town: A funeral was held Saturday in Bredasdorp, about 128 km east of Cape Town, of a teenaged girl who was gang-raped, killed and mutilated in a crime that shocked the nation.
The funeral took place at the place where the 17-year-old victim was allegedly raped by a group of men and mutilated Feb 2. The following morning she was found, still alive, by a security guard, but died later in the day, Xinhua reported.
South Africa has the highest rate of rape reported to police anywhere in the world. In 2012, the number of rapes documented by police rose to over 64,000, or 175 per day.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam