South African president at home after health tests
Johannesburg: South African officials say President Jacob Zuma is missing a three-day Cabinet meeting this week while resting after hospital tests.
The South African Press Association today quoted presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj as saying Zuma will not give a planned speech next Monday, a national holiday. Maharaj says the 72-year-old must maximise his rest time and is working from home.
Maharaj says no time limit has been set on Zuma`s break.
The president`s office previously said he was discharged from a hospital on Sunday after a weekend checkup following a demanding schedule.
Last month, Zuma was inaugurated for a second five-year term after the election victory of the ruling African National Congress party, which has dominated politics since the end of white rule in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city