South African president at home after health tests
Johannesburg: South African officials say President Jacob Zuma is missing a three-day Cabinet meeting this week while resting after hospital tests.
The South African Press Association today quoted presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj as saying Zuma will not give a planned speech next Monday, a national holiday. Maharaj says the 72-year-old must maximise his rest time and is working from home.
Maharaj says no time limit has been set on Zuma`s break.
The president`s office previously said he was discharged from a hospital on Sunday after a weekend checkup following a demanding schedule.
Last month, Zuma was inaugurated for a second five-year term after the election victory of the ruling African National Congress party, which has dominated politics since the end of white rule in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!