South African president at home after health tests
Johannesburg: South African officials say President Jacob Zuma is missing a three-day Cabinet meeting this week while resting after hospital tests.
The South African Press Association today quoted presidential spokesman Mac Maharaj as saying Zuma will not give a planned speech next Monday, a national holiday. Maharaj says the 72-year-old must maximise his rest time and is working from home.
Maharaj says no time limit has been set on Zuma`s break.
The president`s office previously said he was discharged from a hospital on Sunday after a weekend checkup following a demanding schedule.
Last month, Zuma was inaugurated for a second five-year term after the election victory of the ruling African National Congress party, which has dominated politics since the end of white rule in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad