South Korea resents North Korea`s `behave` remark
Seoul: South Korea Friday deeply resented the North Korea`s condemnation of South Korean President Park Geun-hye by mentioning her name and its caution to "behave with discretion".
"It is deeply regrettable that North Korea criticised our head of state with unmentionable words by name," Xinhua quoted Seoul`s Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Eui-do as saying in an emergency press briefing.
North Korea`s Policy Department of the National Defence Commission (NDC) in a statement earlier Friday said that if "Park Geun-hye and her cohorts" seek ruthlessly to dismantle Pyongyang`s nuclear programme and subvert its regime in collusion with foreign powers under the pretext of causing changes in the North Korea, it would be equivalent to digging its own graves.
It was the third time that North Korea denounced President Park by name since she took office in February.
Kim described North Korea`s remarks as "irrational" behaviour, noting that such slandering of the country`s chief executive would throw a wet blanket on the trust-building between Seoul and Pyongyang through dialogue and cooperation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'