South Korea seizes Chinese fishing boats
Seoul: Two Chinese fishing boats, suspected of illegal fishing in South Korean waters, have been detained by the country`s coast guard in Mokpo, the Chinese consulate general in Kwangju confirmed Monday.
The two fishing boats were suspected of illegal fishing in South Korean waters near Xinan county in Jeollanam-do at 6.35 a.m. and 8.19 a.m. local time respectively, repored Xinhua citing the coast guard in Mokpo as saying.
South Korean coast guard caught the two boats at once. Four South Korean marine police and two Chinese fishermen were injured when the coast guard attempted to intercept the fishing boats.
All the injured have been sent to the hospital, none of whom are life threatening, official said.
South Korean officials informed the Chinese consulate of this issue. But as the fishing boats had not reached the shore yet, the Chinese consulate was still communicating with the coast guard to verify the details, the consulate officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!