South Korea to finalise jet deal
Seoul: South Korea`s arms procurement agency plans to receive a final bid next week for a $7.4 billion deal to buy 60 fighter jets, the largest arms import contract in the nation`s history, an official said Monday.
"The final bidding will be held between Aug 13 and 16, except for the Aug 15 Liberation Day holiday," an official at the Defense Acquisition Program Administration`s spokesman office said.
Three combat planes, including Lockheed Martin`s F-35 stealth jet, Boeing`s F-15 Silent Eagle and the Eurofighter Tranche 3 Typhoon of the European Aerospace Defence and Space Company (EADS), have been competing for the contract, Xinhua reported.
All the three aerospace giants have failed in the previous bidding attempts as prices higher than the budget approved by the parliament were quoted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?