South Korea to finalise jet deal
Seoul: South Korea`s arms procurement agency plans to receive a final bid next week for a $7.4 billion deal to buy 60 fighter jets, the largest arms import contract in the nation`s history, an official said Monday.
"The final bidding will be held between Aug 13 and 16, except for the Aug 15 Liberation Day holiday," an official at the Defense Acquisition Program Administration`s spokesman office said.
Three combat planes, including Lockheed Martin`s F-35 stealth jet, Boeing`s F-15 Silent Eagle and the Eurofighter Tranche 3 Typhoon of the European Aerospace Defence and Space Company (EADS), have been competing for the contract, Xinhua reported.
All the three aerospace giants have failed in the previous bidding attempts as prices higher than the budget approved by the parliament were quoted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family