South Korea, US to set up combined Army division
Seoul: South Korea and the US have agreed to establish a combined Army division in 2015, Seoul`s Defence Ministry said on Thursday.
According to the ministry, the combined division will be composed of the US 2nd infantry division stationed in Uijeongbu and a South Korean brigade-level unit, Xinhua reported.
It would be the first time that the US military will set up a combined Army unit with troops of another country.
The Army unit will be led by a US major general, with a South Korean brigadier general named as an assistant division commander.
Choi Yun-hee, the chairman of South Korea`s Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), and US Forces Korea (USFK) Commander General Curtis Scaparrotti have recently agreed to set up the unit to strengthen the defence posture of combined forces at a tactical level, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued