South Korea warns of retaliation against North Korea
Seoul: The South Korean military warned Wednesday that it will "sternly" retaliate against North Korea if it "pushes ahead with provocation", reported Xinhua.
"If the North pushes ahead with provocation that will threaten life and stability of our nation, our military will strongly and sternly punish the starting point of provocation and supporters for the provocation as well as its leadership," the Ministry of Defense said in a statement read by Kim Yong-hyun, Army Maj Gen at the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The warning came one day after the North Korean supreme military command threatened to nullify the Korean War Armistice Agreement in response to the ongoing US-South Korea military exercises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH