South Korea warns of retaliation against North Korea
Seoul: The South Korean military warned Wednesday that it will "sternly" retaliate against North Korea if it "pushes ahead with provocation", reported Xinhua.
"If the North pushes ahead with provocation that will threaten life and stability of our nation, our military will strongly and sternly punish the starting point of provocation and supporters for the provocation as well as its leadership," the Ministry of Defense said in a statement read by Kim Yong-hyun, Army Maj Gen at the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The warning came one day after the North Korean supreme military command threatened to nullify the Korean War Armistice Agreement in response to the ongoing US-South Korea military exercises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'
- REVEALED: ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi's mansion has swimming pool, private zoo - Know more here
- Now ''like'' 360-degree videos in VR on Facebook