South Korean court orders chemical castration of child rapist
Seoul: A South Korean court on Thursday ordered chemical castration of a repeat child sex offender in a first such decision given in the country.
According to the Seoul Southern District Court`s verdict, the 31-year-old man surnamed Pyo will be sentenced to 15 years in jail and given medication which inhibits sexual urges, Xinhua reported.
Pyo, who the court said, is "incapable of self-control", has been convicted with raping five teenagers between November 2011 and May 2012. He had threatened to circulate sex videos online.
"The medication will help reduce the defendant`s excessive sexual fantasies and desires," the court said in a ruling.
The criminal record of Pyo will remain public for the next 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news