South Korean court orders chemical castration of child rapist
Seoul: A South Korean court on Thursday ordered chemical castration of a repeat child sex offender in a first such decision given in the country.
According to the Seoul Southern District Court`s verdict, the 31-year-old man surnamed Pyo will be sentenced to 15 years in jail and given medication which inhibits sexual urges, Xinhua reported.
Pyo, who the court said, is "incapable of self-control", has been convicted with raping five teenagers between November 2011 and May 2012. He had threatened to circulate sex videos online.
"The medication will help reduce the defendant`s excessive sexual fantasies and desires," the court said in a ruling.
The criminal record of Pyo will remain public for the next 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!