South Korean court orders chemical castration of child rapist
Seoul: A South Korean court on Thursday ordered chemical castration of a repeat child sex offender in a first such decision given in the country.
According to the Seoul Southern District Court`s verdict, the 31-year-old man surnamed Pyo will be sentenced to 15 years in jail and given medication which inhibits sexual urges, Xinhua reported.
Pyo, who the court said, is "incapable of self-control", has been convicted with raping five teenagers between November 2011 and May 2012. He had threatened to circulate sex videos online.
"The medication will help reduce the defendant`s excessive sexual fantasies and desires," the court said in a ruling.
The criminal record of Pyo will remain public for the next 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'China wants to extend its Nepal rail link to India'
- Senate panel conditions $300 mn aid to Pakistan for action on Haqqani
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders take on Sunrisers Hyderabad in Eliminator - Preview
- Asaduddin Owaisi vs common man: High-voltage verbal spat over Akbaruddin Owaisi's comments against Hindus
- Gaya road rage: Bail plea of Rocky Yadav's father Bindi Yadav rejected