South Sudan: 125 killed in cattle raid
Juba: South Sudanese officials say 125 people
were killed in a cattle raid during which tribesmen stole
2,000 cattle in the country`s east.
Jonglei state Governor Kuol Manyang Juuk said yesterday
that eight villages were destroyed when warriors from the
Murle tribe in Pidor county attacked the Lou-Nuer tribe of
Uror county on Thursday.
Justice Minister John Luk Jok says he saw bodies strewn
across the scene of the raid.
The two tribes frequently clash over land and cattle.
South Sudan became the world`s newest nation in July after
voting to separate from the Arab north.
Decades of fighting with the north left South Sudan as one
of the poorest and least developed places in the world, with
conflict in nine of its 10 states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday