Soyuz rocket erected at Kazakhstan
Baikonur (Kazakhstan): A Russian Soyuz
carrier rocket with a manned spaceship of the same name has
been installed at the Gagarin launch site of the Baikonur
cosmodrome on Wednesday.
A cosmodrome official told Itar-Tass, "The rocket
Soyuz-FG erection with the manned spaceship Soyuz TMA-18
attached to it went off in a standard way".
The International Space Station (ISS)-23/24 crew is to set
out from Baikonur on a journey to the ISS aboard the spaceship
on Friday morning for a six-month orbital mission.
According to the years-long tradition, the gate of the
assembly-and-test building (AATB) opened at seven am, local
time. A diesel locomotive slowly conveyed the carrier rocket
and the spaceship to the launch site. It took about two hours
to cover the two-kilometre route from the AATB to the launch
Tens of journalists, space-industry specialists, and
foreign tourists watched the conveyance of the 50-metre-long
cigarlike rocket body bearing the emblems of the Roscosmos
(Federal Space Agency), the US National Aeronautics and Space
Administration (NASA), the space rocket corporation
Energia, and the flags of Russia and the United States.
A Roscosmos official has specified that the rocket liftoff
is scheduled for 08:04, Moscow time, on April 2. Within the
days remaining before the launch, specialists are to carry out
final checkups of the carrier rocket and the spaceship and
will prime the rocket with propellant.
On April 1, a State Commission is to officially confirm
crew membership for travel to the ISS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25