Spain arrests eight `jihadist suspects` in Ceuta
Zee Media Bureau
Madrid: The Spanish security forces broke up an al Qaeda linked network and arrested eight suspects in raids early Friday morning in Ceuta, a Spanish enclave in north Africa, the government said.
"We have broken up a network responsible for sending combatants to al Qaeda linked terrorist groups operating in Syria," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Those arrested are suspected of funding, indoctrinating and facilitating travel for those who pledge to fight.
The statement also added that some of them had participated in suicide attacks, the Ministry said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you