Spain arrests eight `jihadist suspects` in Ceuta
Zee Media Bureau
Madrid: The Spanish security forces broke up an al Qaeda linked network and arrested eight suspects in raids early Friday morning in Ceuta, a Spanish enclave in north Africa, the government said.
"We have broken up a network responsible for sending combatants to al Qaeda linked terrorist groups operating in Syria," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Those arrested are suspected of funding, indoctrinating and facilitating travel for those who pledge to fight.
The statement also added that some of them had participated in suicide attacks, the Ministry said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test, Day 4 at Old Trafford – As it happened..
- Gold falls further by Rs 70 to Rs 30,680 per ten grams
- Suicide bomber kills 12 at checkpoint north of Baghdad
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft
- Massive search continues for missing IAF plane on Day 4; 13 Navy vessels, 2 ships deployed