Spain arrests eight `jihadist suspects` in Ceuta
Zee Media Bureau
Madrid: The Spanish security forces broke up an al Qaeda linked network and arrested eight suspects in raids early Friday morning in Ceuta, a Spanish enclave in north Africa, the government said.
"We have broken up a network responsible for sending combatants to al Qaeda linked terrorist groups operating in Syria," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Those arrested are suspected of funding, indoctrinating and facilitating travel for those who pledge to fight.
The statement also added that some of them had participated in suicide attacks, the Ministry said.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference