Spain arrests eight `jihadist suspects` in Ceuta
Zee Media Bureau
Madrid: The Spanish security forces broke up an al Qaeda linked network and arrested eight suspects in raids early Friday morning in Ceuta, a Spanish enclave in north Africa, the government said.
"We have broken up a network responsible for sending combatants to al Qaeda linked terrorist groups operating in Syria," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.
Those arrested are suspected of funding, indoctrinating and facilitating travel for those who pledge to fight.
The statement also added that some of them had participated in suicide attacks, the Ministry said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?