Spain raises minimum legal age of marriage to 16 years
Madrid: The Spanish government has raised the minimum legal age for marriage from 14 to 16 years.
Spain`s Minister of Health, Social Services and Equality Ana Mato Friday said that change was aimed at "improving the wellbeing and quality of life of youngsters", reported Xinhua.
Until now, people as young as 14 years could marry with permission from a judge or their family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!
- Legend behind the famous Baijnath Shiva temple—You will be surprised to know the British connection!
- Indian Premier League 2016: I will be worried if I had to bowl at Virat Kohli, says Wasim Akram
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,419 Baleno to rectify faulty airbags
- Guys, the 'Baywatch' BAE Priyanka Chopra is back!