Spain raises minimum legal age of marriage to 16 years
Madrid: The Spanish government has raised the minimum legal age for marriage from 14 to 16 years.
Spain`s Minister of Health, Social Services and Equality Ana Mato Friday said that change was aimed at "improving the wellbeing and quality of life of youngsters", reported Xinhua.
Until now, people as young as 14 years could marry with permission from a judge or their family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?