Spain train crash driver cried `he wanted to die`
Washington: Francisco Jose Garzon, the driver of the Spanish train that crashed due to high-speed and killed 80 people, said that he had screwed it up and he wanted to die, while refusing to cooperate in the police investigations.
Fox News reports that Garzon`s reckless comments were picked up from the train`s black box recorder claiming that the driver knew that the train was going to derail.
He reportedly said to his bosses that he was going at 190 kmh and he was going to derail, realising the passenger train was going too fast on the curve, the report added.
According to the report, Garzon has been accused of recklessness in connection with the disaster.
The speed limit at the crash bend is 49mph, but the train was running just double the speed, the report added.
Earlier, Garzon had boasted of his 124mph speeds on Facebook and was arrested by police after the tragedy in which 80 passengers were dead and 30 critically injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed