Spain train crash driver cried `he wanted to die`
Washington: Francisco Jose Garzon, the driver of the Spanish train that crashed due to high-speed and killed 80 people, said that he had screwed it up and he wanted to die, while refusing to cooperate in the police investigations.
Fox News reports that Garzon`s reckless comments were picked up from the train`s black box recorder claiming that the driver knew that the train was going to derail.
He reportedly said to his bosses that he was going at 190 kmh and he was going to derail, realising the passenger train was going too fast on the curve, the report added.
According to the report, Garzon has been accused of recklessness in connection with the disaster.
The speed limit at the crash bend is 49mph, but the train was running just double the speed, the report added.
Earlier, Garzon had boasted of his 124mph speeds on Facebook and was arrested by police after the tragedy in which 80 passengers were dead and 30 critically injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video