Spain`s Catalan leader says `determined` to hold independence referendum
Madrid: The leader of Spain`s economical powerful region of Catalonia said Wednesday he was "determined" to press ahead with an independence referendum in November despite opposition from the national government which has branded the poll illegal.
Speaking after holding talks in Madrid with Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy, Artur Mas said: "I told him that we are absolutely determined, as I told him a year ago, to hold the consultation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader