Spain`s King arrives at hospital for spine surgery
Madrid: The King of Spain has arrived at a Madrid hospital where he is to undergo surgery for a herniated disc in his lower spine.
It will be Juan Carlos` fourth operation in 12 months, and the 12th time he has undergone surgery during his lifetime.
The 75-year-old monarch lowered his passenger-side car window and said, "Here I am again," to journalists and television cameras gathered outside La Merced clinic today.
The operation will be led by neurosurgeon Manuel de la Torre, a palace statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway