Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successful hip operation
Madrid: Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successfully undergone joint reconstruction surgery on his left hip at a Madrid hospital.
Surgeon Angel Villamor of Quiron San Jose hospital said the 74-year-old monarch should leave hospital in "three or four days" and recover his normal rhythm of work following a month or so of carefully monitored post-operation physiotherapy.
Villamor said today that "activity, age and doing sports" had caused hip wear, leading to a need to use painkilling corticosteroids which had caused some face swelling.
In April, Juan Carlos was flown back from a controversial elephant hunting safari in southern Africa after fracturing his right hip joint.
Juan Carlos has had several health issues in the past two years, including knee surgery and the removal of a benign lung tumour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview