Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successful hip operation
Madrid: Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successfully undergone joint reconstruction surgery on his left hip at a Madrid hospital.
Surgeon Angel Villamor of Quiron San Jose hospital said the 74-year-old monarch should leave hospital in "three or four days" and recover his normal rhythm of work following a month or so of carefully monitored post-operation physiotherapy.
Villamor said today that "activity, age and doing sports" had caused hip wear, leading to a need to use painkilling corticosteroids which had caused some face swelling.
In April, Juan Carlos was flown back from a controversial elephant hunting safari in southern Africa after fracturing his right hip joint.
Juan Carlos has had several health issues in the past two years, including knee surgery and the removal of a benign lung tumour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets