Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successful hip operation
Madrid: Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successfully undergone joint reconstruction surgery on his left hip at a Madrid hospital.
Surgeon Angel Villamor of Quiron San Jose hospital said the 74-year-old monarch should leave hospital in "three or four days" and recover his normal rhythm of work following a month or so of carefully monitored post-operation physiotherapy.
Villamor said today that "activity, age and doing sports" had caused hip wear, leading to a need to use painkilling corticosteroids which had caused some face swelling.
In April, Juan Carlos was flown back from a controversial elephant hunting safari in southern Africa after fracturing his right hip joint.
Juan Carlos has had several health issues in the past two years, including knee surgery and the removal of a benign lung tumour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Indian Premier League 2016, Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Beware, workaholics: Excessive working may elevate depression, anxiety
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Domestic black money window will ensure peace of mind: IT dept
- HTC 10 smartphone launched in India at Rs 52,990