Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successful hip operation
Madrid: Spain`s King Juan Carlos has successfully undergone joint reconstruction surgery on his left hip at a Madrid hospital.
Surgeon Angel Villamor of Quiron San Jose hospital said the 74-year-old monarch should leave hospital in "three or four days" and recover his normal rhythm of work following a month or so of carefully monitored post-operation physiotherapy.
Villamor said today that "activity, age and doing sports" had caused hip wear, leading to a need to use painkilling corticosteroids which had caused some face swelling.
In April, Juan Carlos was flown back from a controversial elephant hunting safari in southern Africa after fracturing his right hip joint.
Juan Carlos has had several health issues in the past two years, including knee surgery and the removal of a benign lung tumour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?