Spain’s king recovering from surgery
Madrid: Doctors say Spain`s King Juan Carlos is recovering well from surgery during which a benign tumour was removed from his right lung.
Hospital clinic in Barcelona says the 72-year-old monarch`s recovery from Saturday`s operation is proceeding in a "totally satisfactory" way.
A statement issued on Sunday night says the king got out of bed for a while and walked for a few minutes earlier in the day.
Crown Prince Felipe visited his father on Sunday and quoted him as saying: "As you can see, here I am, in one piece and in good shape."
The king has a history of heavy smoking, but the Royal Palace will not say if he has stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees