Spain’s king recovering from surgery
Madrid: Doctors say Spain`s King Juan Carlos is recovering well from surgery during which a benign tumour was removed from his right lung.
Hospital clinic in Barcelona says the 72-year-old monarch`s recovery from Saturday`s operation is proceeding in a "totally satisfactory" way.
A statement issued on Sunday night says the king got out of bed for a while and walked for a few minutes earlier in the day.
Crown Prince Felipe visited his father on Sunday and quoted him as saying: "As you can see, here I am, in one piece and in good shape."
The king has a history of heavy smoking, but the Royal Palace will not say if he has stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat