Spain’s king recovering from surgery
Madrid: Doctors say Spain`s King Juan Carlos is recovering well from surgery during which a benign tumour was removed from his right lung.
Hospital clinic in Barcelona says the 72-year-old monarch`s recovery from Saturday`s operation is proceeding in a "totally satisfactory" way.
A statement issued on Sunday night says the king got out of bed for a while and walked for a few minutes earlier in the day.
Crown Prince Felipe visited his father on Sunday and quoted him as saying: "As you can see, here I am, in one piece and in good shape."
The king has a history of heavy smoking, but the Royal Palace will not say if he has stopped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry