Spaniard`s face adorns Obama campaign buttons
Barcelona: A Spanish man was surprised to find that his image has been enlisted into US President Barack Obama`s campaign for a second term.
"A friend took the photo of me, he asked permission to put it on a web site (iStockphoto) and I agreed, thinking: who was I ... at the end I`m not anyone famous," Sergi Labori Plana told EFE.
Labori, who lives near Barcelona, said he wants to find out how his face landed on the Hipster For Obama badge and if anyone is profiting from the use of the image.
"All this is very complicated because I don`t know if the photos were bought and who acquired them," he said.
Suggesting that his reaction would be different if his image was being used by a "party of the far right", Labori said the entire affair "will certainly end up as a mere anecdote".
Labori, a 25-year-old criminologist and triathlete, says he likely won`t be able to get his hands on one of the badge`s that bears his photo, as the "Hipster for Obama" buttons are selling quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000