Spaniard`s face adorns Obama campaign buttons
Barcelona: A Spanish man was surprised to find that his image has been enlisted into US President Barack Obama`s campaign for a second term.
"A friend took the photo of me, he asked permission to put it on a web site (iStockphoto) and I agreed, thinking: who was I ... at the end I`m not anyone famous," Sergi Labori Plana told EFE.
Labori, who lives near Barcelona, said he wants to find out how his face landed on the Hipster For Obama badge and if anyone is profiting from the use of the image.
"All this is very complicated because I don`t know if the photos were bought and who acquired them," he said.
Suggesting that his reaction would be different if his image was being used by a "party of the far right", Labori said the entire affair "will certainly end up as a mere anecdote".
Labori, a 25-year-old criminologist and triathlete, says he likely won`t be able to get his hands on one of the badge`s that bears his photo, as the "Hipster for Obama" buttons are selling quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?