Spaniard`s face adorns Obama campaign buttons
Barcelona: A Spanish man was surprised to find that his image has been enlisted into US President Barack Obama`s campaign for a second term.
"A friend took the photo of me, he asked permission to put it on a web site (iStockphoto) and I agreed, thinking: who was I ... at the end I`m not anyone famous," Sergi Labori Plana told EFE.
Labori, who lives near Barcelona, said he wants to find out how his face landed on the Hipster For Obama badge and if anyone is profiting from the use of the image.
"All this is very complicated because I don`t know if the photos were bought and who acquired them," he said.
Suggesting that his reaction would be different if his image was being used by a "party of the far right", Labori said the entire affair "will certainly end up as a mere anecdote".
Labori, a 25-year-old criminologist and triathlete, says he likely won`t be able to get his hands on one of the badge`s that bears his photo, as the "Hipster for Obama" buttons are selling quickly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case