Spanish mag pictures Michelle Obama as a topless slave
Madrid: Spanish magazine Fuera de Serie has triggered a huge controversy by portraying First Lady of United States Michelle Obama as a black slave on the cover of its latest edition.
The photoshopped image in the August 2012 issue of Magazine Fuera de Serie, a supplement to Spanish newspaper Expansion, features the First Lady`s face superimposed over an 1800 female slave painting by French artist Marie-Guilhelmine Benoist.
Seated on a chair covered with the American Flag, right breast exposed, and wearing an Aunt Jemina headscarf, the image is part of a feature article examining Mrs. Obama`s popularity among the American public.
The text reads, “Michelle Granddaughter of a Slave, Lady of America.”
According to Clutch Magazine, the cover is part of a series depicting famous people nude and also features Princess Diana, Abraham Lincoln, and even Michelle`s husband, Barack Obama, the Daily Mail reported.
Defending her artistic choice, French/English artist Karine Percheron-Daniels claims it gives the viewer a glimpse in to an "alternative unexpected reality" letting us "view famous individuals in a different way."
(With Agencies Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket