Spanish police arrest ETA bomber
San Sebastian: Spanish police have arrested a member of the ETA terrorist group in connection with a television station bombing in 2008.
Ibai Beobide Arza was detained at a security checkpost in the Basque region on Saturday, sources close to the investigation told EFE.
Officials said Beobide Arza had helped to plant a bomb outside the headquarters of public broadcaster EITB in Bilbao on December 31, 2008. The blast damaged the building but no one was injured.
The building also housed other media outlets, including Antena 3 television network, El Mundo daily and Onda Cero radio station.
ETA has been fighting against successive governments since taking up arms in 1968 to set up a Basque nation comprising parts of Spain and France. The group has killed more than 850 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet