Spanish police arrest ETA bomber
San Sebastian: Spanish police have arrested a member of the ETA terrorist group in connection with a television station bombing in 2008.
Ibai Beobide Arza was detained at a security checkpost in the Basque region on Saturday, sources close to the investigation told EFE.
Officials said Beobide Arza had helped to plant a bomb outside the headquarters of public broadcaster EITB in Bilbao on December 31, 2008. The blast damaged the building but no one was injured.
The building also housed other media outlets, including Antena 3 television network, El Mundo daily and Onda Cero radio station.
ETA has been fighting against successive governments since taking up arms in 1968 to set up a Basque nation comprising parts of Spain and France. The group has killed more than 850 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!