Spanish police arrest ETA bomber
San Sebastian: Spanish police have arrested a member of the ETA terrorist group in connection with a television station bombing in 2008.
Ibai Beobide Arza was detained at a security checkpost in the Basque region on Saturday, sources close to the investigation told EFE.
Officials said Beobide Arza had helped to plant a bomb outside the headquarters of public broadcaster EITB in Bilbao on December 31, 2008. The blast damaged the building but no one was injured.
The building also housed other media outlets, including Antena 3 television network, El Mundo daily and Onda Cero radio station.
ETA has been fighting against successive governments since taking up arms in 1968 to set up a Basque nation comprising parts of Spain and France. The group has killed more than 850 people.
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016