Spanish police bust sports doping gangs, arrest 84
Madrid: The Interior Ministry says Spanish police have busted two gangs that imported and trafficked doping substances used in sports and arrested 84 people.
The ministry says more than 700,000 doses of anabolic steroids, the blood booster EPO and growth hormones were seized during raids in Madrid, Catalonia, Valencia, Andalusia and the Basque region, the ministry says in a statement.
During the first quarter of 2013 the gangs introduced into Spain some 750 kilogrammes of drugs from China, Greece and Portugal, and marketed them in sports centers and homes, Sunday`s statement says.
Spain passed a new anti-doping law on June 13 that it hopes will clean up the country`s tarnished image after a high profile trial over doping in cycling. It also hopes to boost Madrid`s 2020 Olympics bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city