Spanish police clash with protesters, 121 hurt
Madrid: Officials said 121 people were injured as protesters in Barcelona clashed with police officers clearing a makeshift camp set up as part of a Spain-wide demonstration against high unemployment and other problems.
Catalonia regional Interior Ministry spokesman Felip Puig said on Friday 84 protesters and 37 police were injured after police met resistance from protesters. He did not say how many people had been arrested.
The police had previously told protesters the square had to be cleared so that cleaning services could move in to remove debris.
Puig say the square was likely to be a meeting place for soccer fans during and after Saturday`s Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj