Spanish police clash with protesters, 121 hurt
Madrid: Officials said 121 people were injured as protesters in Barcelona clashed with police officers clearing a makeshift camp set up as part of a Spain-wide demonstration against high unemployment and other problems.
Catalonia regional Interior Ministry spokesman Felip Puig said on Friday 84 protesters and 37 police were injured after police met resistance from protesters. He did not say how many people had been arrested.
The police had previously told protesters the square had to be cleared so that cleaning services could move in to remove debris.
Puig say the square was likely to be a meeting place for soccer fans during and after Saturday`s Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman