Spanish police clash with protesters, 121 hurt
Madrid: Officials said 121 people were injured as protesters in Barcelona clashed with police officers clearing a makeshift camp set up as part of a Spain-wide demonstration against high unemployment and other problems.
Catalonia regional Interior Ministry spokesman Felip Puig said on Friday 84 protesters and 37 police were injured after police met resistance from protesters. He did not say how many people had been arrested.
The police had previously told protesters the square had to be cleared so that cleaning services could move in to remove debris.
Puig say the square was likely to be a meeting place for soccer fans during and after Saturday`s Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city