Spanish politician`s hair used for Bin Laden photo: Report
Madrid: US authorities used the features of
a Spanish politician known for his anti-American positions in
a new computer-generated photo of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin
Laden, El Mundo newspaper reported on Saturday.
The FBI`s contemporary representation of Bin Laden, with
greying hair and a stubble, was visible for several hours on
the most wanted "Rewards for Justice" website, before it was
An FBI technician, acting on his own initiative, searched
the Internet for images and used the hair and forehead of
Gaspar Llamazares, a left-leaning Spanish deputy, according to
FBI spokesman Ken Hoffman.
He was not satisfied with the solutions offered for hair
by the programme the FBI uses and instead sourced features
from a photograph he found on the Internet, Hoffman explained.
Hoffman said the action went against FBI procedure.
Llamazares said today he would formally request an
explanation from the American authorities and reserved the
right to file a lawsuit against the United States.
"Bin Laden`s security is not in danger, but mine is!" he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert