Spire hoisted atop One World Trade Center in New York
Zee Media Bureau
New York: The last pieces of the spire were hoisted atop the One World Trade Center on Thursday, amid cheers from construction workers and crowds.
The tower will become the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere at 541-metre height, after the installation of the beacon is complete.
The spire`s installation will be completed at a later date.
The tower is one of four skyscrapers designed to rise around the site of the fallen Twin Towers in a partnership between developer Larry Silverstein and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the site.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'