Sri Sri offers to mediate in North Korea
New Delhi: Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has offered to mediate to bring peace to the Korean peninsula, and urged North Korea "to give peace a chance".
He said in a statement that his time and efforts were "fully available to the UN, governments and the international community to forestall an unnecessary conflict".
Tensions have peaked in the Korean peninsula following North Korea`s threats to use the nuclear weapons against South Korea and the US in case of a conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film