Sri Sri offers to mediate in North Korea
New Delhi: Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has offered to mediate to bring peace to the Korean peninsula, and urged North Korea "to give peace a chance".
He said in a statement that his time and efforts were "fully available to the UN, governments and the international community to forestall an unnecessary conflict".
Tensions have peaked in the Korean peninsula following North Korea`s threats to use the nuclear weapons against South Korea and the US in case of a conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list