Stabbing bid on Finland PM Jyrki Katainen averted
Helsinki: A stabbing attempt on Finland’s Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen was averted on Monday while the Katainen was campaigning for municipal elections, as per report.
The knife-wielding man was allegedly stopped by security guards before he could harm the Prime Minister.
The attempted attack occurred in the southwestern city of Turku, where Katainen was campaigning ahead of Sunday`s municipal elections.
Kari Mokko, a spokesman for Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen, could not give any details on the suspect. He said the prime minister was not hurt.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray