Stabbing bid on Finland PM Jyrki Katainen averted
Helsinki: A stabbing attempt on Finland’s Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen was averted on Monday while the Katainen was campaigning for municipal elections, as per report.
The knife-wielding man was allegedly stopped by security guards before he could harm the Prime Minister.
The attempted attack occurred in the southwestern city of Turku, where Katainen was campaigning ahead of Sunday`s municipal elections.
Kari Mokko, a spokesman for Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen, could not give any details on the suspect. He said the prime minister was not hurt.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices