Stabbing bid on Finland PM Jyrki Katainen averted
Helsinki: A stabbing attempt on Finland’s Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen was averted on Monday while the Katainen was campaigning for municipal elections, as per report.
The knife-wielding man was allegedly stopped by security guards before he could harm the Prime Minister.
The attempted attack occurred in the southwestern city of Turku, where Katainen was campaigning ahead of Sunday`s municipal elections.
Kari Mokko, a spokesman for Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen, could not give any details on the suspect. He said the prime minister was not hurt.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report