Steve Jobs feared his daughter would be kidnapped
Washington: Late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, had in the 1980s expressed concern that his daughter might be kidnapped in an effort to blackmail him, recently released Pentagon documents have revealed.
The documents also revealed about Jobs’ drug use as a teenager as well as a previously unreported arrest in 1975 for having failed to pay a speeding ticket.
The new details are included in 1988 documents processed by the Defense Investigative Service.
The documents have now been obtained by the online magazine Wired through a Freedom of Information of Act request.
At the time Jobs had applied for a Top Security clearance when he headed up the computer firm Pixar.
According to Wired, the documents don’t explain why Jobs had applied for a Top Security clearance in 1988, but it notes that Walter Isaacson’s biography of Jobs said Pixar required a security clearance because of company contracts with intelligence agencies to render information gathered by reconnaissance flights and satellites.
As part of a standard line of questioning, investigators asked Jobs how he might be blackmailed.
He replied that he had a daughter out of wedlock whom he felt might be the target of a kidnapping, ABC News reports.
According to the report, in his application, Jobs providing precise details about his previously reported use of LSD, marijuana and hashish during his youth.
He admitted to having smoked marijuana and also to having eaten it in cooked brownies from 1972 to 1976 about once or twice weekly. He admitted to having used hashish five times during that time frame.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata