Steve Jobs feared his daughter would be kidnapped
Washington: Late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, had in the 1980s expressed concern that his daughter might be kidnapped in an effort to blackmail him, recently released Pentagon documents have revealed.
The documents also revealed about Jobs’ drug use as a teenager as well as a previously unreported arrest in 1975 for having failed to pay a speeding ticket.
The new details are included in 1988 documents processed by the Defense Investigative Service.
The documents have now been obtained by the online magazine Wired through a Freedom of Information of Act request.
At the time Jobs had applied for a Top Security clearance when he headed up the computer firm Pixar.
According to Wired, the documents don’t explain why Jobs had applied for a Top Security clearance in 1988, but it notes that Walter Isaacson’s biography of Jobs said Pixar required a security clearance because of company contracts with intelligence agencies to render information gathered by reconnaissance flights and satellites.
As part of a standard line of questioning, investigators asked Jobs how he might be blackmailed.
He replied that he had a daughter out of wedlock whom he felt might be the target of a kidnapping, ABC News reports.
According to the report, in his application, Jobs providing precise details about his previously reported use of LSD, marijuana and hashish during his youth.
He admitted to having smoked marijuana and also to having eaten it in cooked brownies from 1972 to 1976 about once or twice weekly. He admitted to having used hashish five times during that time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir