Steve Jobs` statue unveiled in Hungary
Budapest: A bronze statue of Steve Jobs has been here in the Hungarian capital to honour the Apple co-founder who died Oct 5, a media report said.
The statue is located outside the headquarters of software design company Graphisoft, whose founder Gabor Bojar commissioned the statue, Xinhua reported.
Nearly two metres tall and weighing around 220 kg, the statue was designed by Hungarian sculptor Erno Toth. It depicts Jobs in a jumper and jeans with arm outstretched, in the middle of a product presentation.
Inscribed on a bronze iPad-shaped tablet at the foot of the statue is a quotation from Jobs: "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
The company said the statue was the first in the world.
"I wanted to commemorate him and his achievements in information technology and his particular contribution to the development of my company," Bojar was quoted as saying.
Bojar met Jobs in Hanover, Germany, in 1984 and said he remains grateful for the inspiration and assistance he received from Apple.
"Apple`s support included cash and computers at a time when Graphisoft was a small company with limited resources," he said.
"It expresses the dynamism and the spirit of Steve Jobs," Bojar said of the design. "The people who are walking past it will hopefully be inspired by that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez