Steve Jobs` statue unveiled in Hungary
Budapest: A bronze statue of Steve Jobs has been here in the Hungarian capital to honour the Apple co-founder who died Oct 5, a media report said.
The statue is located outside the headquarters of software design company Graphisoft, whose founder Gabor Bojar commissioned the statue, Xinhua reported.
Nearly two metres tall and weighing around 220 kg, the statue was designed by Hungarian sculptor Erno Toth. It depicts Jobs in a jumper and jeans with arm outstretched, in the middle of a product presentation.
Inscribed on a bronze iPad-shaped tablet at the foot of the statue is a quotation from Jobs: "The only way to do great work is to love what you do."
The company said the statue was the first in the world.
"I wanted to commemorate him and his achievements in information technology and his particular contribution to the development of my company," Bojar was quoted as saying.
Bojar met Jobs in Hanover, Germany, in 1984 and said he remains grateful for the inspiration and assistance he received from Apple.
"Apple`s support included cash and computers at a time when Graphisoft was a small company with limited resources," he said.
"It expresses the dynamism and the spirit of Steve Jobs," Bojar said of the design. "The people who are walking past it will hopefully be inspired by that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore