Still time to avoid civil war in Syria: Hollande
Paris: French President Francois Hollande has said there is still time to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis and avoid a civil war in the Middle East country.
"We have to find a political position that avoids civil war. There is still time, it is high time," Hollande said in his Bastille Day interview.
The French leader also urged Russia and China not to oppose UN sanctions against Syria.
"I told [Russian President Vladimir] Putin... that I respect their [Russian-Syrian] commercial and historical ties but the worst thing that could happen is a civil war in Syria," Holland said.
Moscow and Beijing have twice vetoed Security Council resolutions that so much as hinted at sanctions again President Bashar Al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania