Still time to avoid civil war in Syria: Hollande
Paris: French President Francois Hollande has said there is still time to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis and avoid a civil war in the Middle East country.
"We have to find a political position that avoids civil war. There is still time, it is high time," Hollande said in his Bastille Day interview.
The French leader also urged Russia and China not to oppose UN sanctions against Syria.
"I told [Russian President Vladimir] Putin... that I respect their [Russian-Syrian] commercial and historical ties but the worst thing that could happen is a civil war in Syria," Holland said.
Moscow and Beijing have twice vetoed Security Council resolutions that so much as hinted at sanctions again President Bashar Al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win