Still time to avoid civil war in Syria: Hollande
Paris: French President Francois Hollande has said there is still time to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis and avoid a civil war in the Middle East country.
"We have to find a political position that avoids civil war. There is still time, it is high time," Hollande said in his Bastille Day interview.
The French leader also urged Russia and China not to oppose UN sanctions against Syria.
"I told [Russian President Vladimir] Putin... that I respect their [Russian-Syrian] commercial and historical ties but the worst thing that could happen is a civil war in Syria," Holland said.
Moscow and Beijing have twice vetoed Security Council resolutions that so much as hinted at sanctions again President Bashar Al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say