Still time to avoid civil war in Syria: Hollande
Paris: French President Francois Hollande has said there is still time to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis and avoid a civil war in the Middle East country.
"We have to find a political position that avoids civil war. There is still time, it is high time," Hollande said in his Bastille Day interview.
The French leader also urged Russia and China not to oppose UN sanctions against Syria.
"I told [Russian President Vladimir] Putin... that I respect their [Russian-Syrian] commercial and historical ties but the worst thing that could happen is a civil war in Syria," Holland said.
Moscow and Beijing have twice vetoed Security Council resolutions that so much as hinted at sanctions again President Bashar Al-Assad government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed