Stockholm metro station evacuated after bomb scare
Stockholm: Swedish authorities evacuated a metro station in central Stockholm after finding a suspect packet less than two weeks after the country`s first suicide bombing.
"The Kungstraedsgaarden station has been completely evacuated, there are no trains running and the deminers are on the spot," a spokesman for Stockholm police said after the bomb scare on Thursday evening.
"We cannot confirm if it is a real bomb or not," he added.
The station -- evacuated after authorities were alerted by a train driver -- is close to the seat of government.
On December 11, a suicide bomber strongly believed to be Taimour Abdulwahab, first blew up his car and later himself near a crowded pedestrian street in central Stockholm.
He was carrying a cocktail of explosives and police suspect he may have left the crowd of Christmas shoppers due to a problem with the bombs when he mistakenly set off a small charge while standing in an empty side-street.
The bomber was the only person to die, but two people were slightly injured when his car exploded minutes earlier about 300 metres away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland
- Amazon launches membership service Prime in India –Know the benefits
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)