Stop interfering in Tibet, says China
Beijing: The Chinese foreign ministry Monday criticised statements issued by foreign officials on Tibet, and urged those countries to stop interfering in China`s internal affairs.
"Tibetan affairs are totally China`s domestic affairs," Xinhua quoted ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying as saying.
Hua said that recently, politicians from the US, the European Union and Canada had disregarded facts, confused right and wrong and groundlessly accused China on Tibet-related issues.
She said the comments were "rude interferences" in China`s internal affairs and Beijing was strongly dissatisfied with them and resolutely opposed those acts.
The spokesperson said Tibet has made great progress in politics, economy, culture and other fields since 1951, and that the region is widely recognized by the international community.
She urged relevant sides to respect China`s sovereignty and no longer do anything to interfere in the country`s internal affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie