Stop interfering in Tibet, says China
Beijing: The Chinese foreign ministry Monday criticised statements issued by foreign officials on Tibet, and urged those countries to stop interfering in China`s internal affairs.
"Tibetan affairs are totally China`s domestic affairs," Xinhua quoted ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying as saying.
Hua said that recently, politicians from the US, the European Union and Canada had disregarded facts, confused right and wrong and groundlessly accused China on Tibet-related issues.
She said the comments were "rude interferences" in China`s internal affairs and Beijing was strongly dissatisfied with them and resolutely opposed those acts.
The spokesperson said Tibet has made great progress in politics, economy, culture and other fields since 1951, and that the region is widely recognized by the international community.
She urged relevant sides to respect China`s sovereignty and no longer do anything to interfere in the country`s internal affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack