Stop interfering in Tibet, says China
Beijing: The Chinese foreign ministry Monday criticised statements issued by foreign officials on Tibet, and urged those countries to stop interfering in China`s internal affairs.
"Tibetan affairs are totally China`s domestic affairs," Xinhua quoted ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying as saying.
Hua said that recently, politicians from the US, the European Union and Canada had disregarded facts, confused right and wrong and groundlessly accused China on Tibet-related issues.
She said the comments were "rude interferences" in China`s internal affairs and Beijing was strongly dissatisfied with them and resolutely opposed those acts.
The spokesperson said Tibet has made great progress in politics, economy, culture and other fields since 1951, and that the region is widely recognized by the international community.
She urged relevant sides to respect China`s sovereignty and no longer do anything to interfere in the country`s internal affairs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split