Stop jamming broadcasts, Internet: EU to Iran
Brussels: EU nations are determined to take action to end Iran`s "unacceptable" jamming of satellite broadcasting and Internet censorship, according to a text agreed by European ambassadors in Brussels.
"The EU calls on the Iranian authorities to stop the jamming of satellite broadcasting and Internet censorship and to put an end to this electronic interference immediately," said the text prepared for a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Brussels on Monday.
"The EU is determined to pursue these issues and to act with a view to put an end to this unacceptable situation," the EU nations added.
The initiative came notably from Britain, France, Germany and the EU`s foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015