Stop jamming broadcasts, Internet: EU to Iran
Brussels: EU nations are determined to take action to end Iran`s "unacceptable" jamming of satellite broadcasting and Internet censorship, according to a text agreed by European ambassadors in Brussels.
"The EU calls on the Iranian authorities to stop the jamming of satellite broadcasting and Internet censorship and to put an end to this electronic interference immediately," said the text prepared for a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Brussels on Monday.
"The EU is determined to pursue these issues and to act with a view to put an end to this unacceptable situation," the EU nations added.
The initiative came notably from Britain, France, Germany and the EU`s foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi