Storms in Middle East kill British tourist, 3 others
Cairo: Bad weather has left four people dead in the Middle East, including a British tourist who died when a sailboat capsized on the Nile River.
Egyptian police say the British tourist was with three other tourists on a Nile cruise when their boat overturned in heavy wind. The three others survived.
Monday`s rains also collapsed mudbrick homes in southern Egypt, killing two women.
An Israeli motorist drowned when his car got caught in a flash flood in Israel`s south, where stormy weather also blocked the main road to the city of Eilat.
Israel temporarily closed its southern border crossings with Egypt and Jordan due to the unusually heavy rain and expecting flooding along the border.
A bridge collapsed near a cargo crossing between Egypt and Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family