Strauss-Kahn accuser lawyer questions DA`s motives
Paris: The lawyer for the woman who accused former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault says he finds Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance`s motivations "incomprehensible."
Douglas Wigdor has told Sunday`s French newspaper Le Journal du Dimanche he suspects Vance will dismiss Sofitel hotel maid Nafissatou Diallo`s charges against Strauss-Kahn at a meeting next week.
"I wonder about (Vance`s) motivations," Wigdor is quoted as saying.
On Saturday, another Diallo attorney said the assistant district attorney offered to meet with his client on Monday, the day before Strauss-Kahn`s next scheduled court appearance.
Media reports quoted him as saying he thought prosecutors wouldn`t have asked for the meeting unless they planned to drop the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi