Strauss-Kahn accusers` lawyers meet NY prosecutors
New York: Lawyers for the New York hotel
maid and the French novelist who have accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn separately of trying to rape them have met with prosecutors in New York.
Attorneys for the maid and for writer Tristane Banon kept
mum about what they discussed as they emerged from a roughly
2?-hour session in the Manhattan district attorney`s office
The maid`s lawyer, Kenneth Thompson, said only that he
was seeking justice for his client.
The DA`s office declined to comment, as did Banon`s
lawyer, David Koubbi.
Prosecutors have publicly said the maid has a history of
lying that has seriously weakened the case. Thompson has
called on Vance to recuse his office from the case and arrange
for a special prosecutor.
Strauss-Kahn denies both allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble