Strauss-Kahn and wife deny Israel move: Lawyer
Paris: Disgraced ex-IMF chief Dominique
Strauss-Kahn and his heiress wife Thursday denied media reports that they were planning to move to Israel, one of their lawyers said.
The front page story of French celebrity weekly Gala`s
edition today headlined: "Still with DSK... their new life in
Israel." The magazine said the couple was heading to Israel
"without any return date."
The couple`s media lawyer, Richard Malka, swiftly denied
"Anne Sinclair and Dominique Strauss-Kahn formally deny
ever having envisaged moving to Israel as alleged today by a
weekly that could not find any news," Malka said.
"These rumours are deeply unhealthy and ill-intentioned,"
Strauss-Kahn and Sinclair yesterday said they were suing
several papers for invasion of privacy over reports that he
had sex parties with prostitutes and that his celebrity
journalist wife was thinking of leaving him.
Recent articles in the French press have speculated that
Strauss-Kahn was close to a nervous breakdown and had admitted
to his entourage that he needed treatment for his compulsive
Strauss-Kahn, a 62-year-old Socialist politician and
former presidential hopeful, resigned from the International
Monetary Fund in May after he was arrested and accused of
attempting to rape a New York hotel maid.
The US case against him eventually collapsed, but he has
been dogged by scandal since returning to France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority