Strauss-Kahn and wife deny Israel move: Lawyer
Paris: Disgraced ex-IMF chief Dominique
Strauss-Kahn and his heiress wife Thursday denied media reports that they were planning to move to Israel, one of their lawyers said.
The front page story of French celebrity weekly Gala`s
edition today headlined: "Still with DSK... their new life in
Israel." The magazine said the couple was heading to Israel
"without any return date."
The couple`s media lawyer, Richard Malka, swiftly denied
"Anne Sinclair and Dominique Strauss-Kahn formally deny
ever having envisaged moving to Israel as alleged today by a
weekly that could not find any news," Malka said.
"These rumours are deeply unhealthy and ill-intentioned,"
Strauss-Kahn and Sinclair yesterday said they were suing
several papers for invasion of privacy over reports that he
had sex parties with prostitutes and that his celebrity
journalist wife was thinking of leaving him.
Recent articles in the French press have speculated that
Strauss-Kahn was close to a nervous breakdown and had admitted
to his entourage that he needed treatment for his compulsive
Strauss-Kahn, a 62-year-old Socialist politician and
former presidential hopeful, resigned from the International
Monetary Fund in May after he was arrested and accused of
attempting to rape a New York hotel maid.
The US case against him eventually collapsed, but he has
been dogged by scandal since returning to France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened