‘Strauss-Kahn has lots of options back in France’
New York: Describing former IMF chief
Dominique Strauss-Kahn as a "brilliant economic mind", his
lawyers said the "momentary lapse of judgement" should no
longer come in the way of the "wonderfully wide" options he
has to resurrect his political career.
Fresh from winning a sexual assault case for their
high-profile client, his lawyers Benjamin Brafman and William
Taylor said Strauss-Kahn has "a lot to offer the world, and I
hope the offers are wide and interesting...he paid a heavy
price for a momentary lapse of judgement that was not
"At the end of the day, now that the charges are
dismissed, I think it is a statement to the world that in
these cases, including the media. .. that rushing to judgement
is not a good idea and let the system play itself out.
"The presumption of innocence is an important concept in
our country," the lawyers said in an interview on NBC`s Today
On Strauss-Kahn`s prospects of getting back into public
life in France, his lawyers said he has "a lot of options."
"I think he is probably best suited to talk about public
life in France. But I think his options are wonderfully wide.
He is a brilliant man and a brilliant economic mind when we
need that most.
"We should not make moral judgements about people. The
moral judgement I have made about this man is that he is quite
a remarkable individual. I am very impressed by him on balance
and the momentary lapse of judgement does not make the man,"
one of the lawyers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir