‘Strauss-Kahn has lots of options back in France’
New York: Describing former IMF chief
Dominique Strauss-Kahn as a "brilliant economic mind", his
lawyers said the "momentary lapse of judgement" should no
longer come in the way of the "wonderfully wide" options he
has to resurrect his political career.
Fresh from winning a sexual assault case for their
high-profile client, his lawyers Benjamin Brafman and William
Taylor said Strauss-Kahn has "a lot to offer the world, and I
hope the offers are wide and interesting...he paid a heavy
price for a momentary lapse of judgement that was not
"At the end of the day, now that the charges are
dismissed, I think it is a statement to the world that in
these cases, including the media. .. that rushing to judgement
is not a good idea and let the system play itself out.
"The presumption of innocence is an important concept in
our country," the lawyers said in an interview on NBC`s Today
On Strauss-Kahn`s prospects of getting back into public
life in France, his lawyers said he has "a lot of options."
"I think he is probably best suited to talk about public
life in France. But I think his options are wonderfully wide.
He is a brilliant man and a brilliant economic mind when we
need that most.
"We should not make moral judgements about people. The
moral judgement I have made about this man is that he is quite
a remarkable individual. I am very impressed by him on balance
and the momentary lapse of judgement does not make the man,"
one of the lawyers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi