‘Strauss-Kahn has lots of options back in France’
New York: Describing former IMF chief
Dominique Strauss-Kahn as a "brilliant economic mind", his
lawyers said the "momentary lapse of judgement" should no
longer come in the way of the "wonderfully wide" options he
has to resurrect his political career.
Fresh from winning a sexual assault case for their
high-profile client, his lawyers Benjamin Brafman and William
Taylor said Strauss-Kahn has "a lot to offer the world, and I
hope the offers are wide and interesting...he paid a heavy
price for a momentary lapse of judgement that was not
"At the end of the day, now that the charges are
dismissed, I think it is a statement to the world that in
these cases, including the media. .. that rushing to judgement
is not a good idea and let the system play itself out.
"The presumption of innocence is an important concept in
our country," the lawyers said in an interview on NBC`s Today
On Strauss-Kahn`s prospects of getting back into public
life in France, his lawyers said he has "a lot of options."
"I think he is probably best suited to talk about public
life in France. But I think his options are wonderfully wide.
He is a brilliant man and a brilliant economic mind when we
need that most.
"We should not make moral judgements about people. The
moral judgement I have made about this man is that he is quite
a remarkable individual. I am very impressed by him on balance
and the momentary lapse of judgement does not make the man,"
one of the lawyers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20