Strauss-Kahn helped prostitute in getting US visa
Paris: A prostitute has reportedly claimed that Dominique Strauss-Kahn helped her to get a visa to work in the United States during his time as International Monetary Fund president.
The revelation came as the 62-year-old is being quizzed over his alleged involvement in an illegal prostitution ring in France.
Strauss-Kahn is facing charges of “complicity in pimping” and “misuse of corporate assets” in the investigation into the prostitution ring, which operated out of Lille’s upmarket Carlton Hotel.
Strauss-Kahn has admitted to attending many parties, but says he did not know the girls were prostitutes because “they were all naked at the time”.
Now, one of the women involved has claimed that she flew to Washington when Strauss-Kahn was IMF chief.
A legal source close to the case has revealed that Strauss-Kahn is said to have tried to get her a visa for her to remain in the US, The Telegraph reports.
The unnamed woman is said to have documentary evidence, including pictures of her with Strauss-Kahn.
Strauss-Kahn is likely to be charged if magistrates deem that he was aware the women who took part in the sex parties were prostitutes.
Strauss-Kahn, a leading member of the French Socialist Party who wanted to run for president this year, resigned from the IMF in May 2011 after being accused of raping a New York hotel maid. The case was later dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH