Strauss-Kahn never said Sarkozy framed sex scandal?
Paris: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has accused The Guardian newspaper of ‘fabricating an interview’ in which he accused enemies linked to Nicolas Sarkozy of destroying his bid for French presidency.
According to the interview, Strauss-Kahn had claimed that events after May 14 2011, when he was accused of raping a New York hotel maid, were ‘shaped by those with a political agenda’, including Sarkozy.
The claims led to a furious reaction from Sarkozy.
‘I say to Mr Strauss-Kahn, explain yourself with judicial authorities and spare the French people your comments,” Sarkozy said.
According to The Daily Mail, a spokesman for Strauss-Kahn has now said he had ‘given no interview to the Guardian’.
The spokesman said it was simply a ‘montage’ of claims made by American journalist Edward Epstein, who has authorised new book about Strauss-Kahn’s legal problems.
Strauss-Kahn`s claims emerge days before the final round of Presidential Election, which until his downfall last year, he was been tipped to win.
The vote will be held on May 06, with polls showing Socialist leader François Hollande ahead of rightwing incumbent Sarkozy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla