Strauss-Kahn never said Sarkozy framed sex scandal?
Paris: Shamed former International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has accused The Guardian newspaper of ‘fabricating an interview’ in which he accused enemies linked to Nicolas Sarkozy of destroying his bid for French presidency.
According to the interview, Strauss-Kahn had claimed that events after May 14 2011, when he was accused of raping a New York hotel maid, were ‘shaped by those with a political agenda’, including Sarkozy.
The claims led to a furious reaction from Sarkozy.
‘I say to Mr Strauss-Kahn, explain yourself with judicial authorities and spare the French people your comments,” Sarkozy said.
According to The Daily Mail, a spokesman for Strauss-Kahn has now said he had ‘given no interview to the Guardian’.
The spokesman said it was simply a ‘montage’ of claims made by American journalist Edward Epstein, who has authorised new book about Strauss-Kahn’s legal problems.
Strauss-Kahn`s claims emerge days before the final round of Presidential Election, which until his downfall last year, he was been tipped to win.
The vote will be held on May 06, with polls showing Socialist leader François Hollande ahead of rightwing incumbent Sarkozy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog